Gippsland Lakes Region Local Services
Gippsland Lakes Region ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Gippsland Lakes Region site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Gippsland Lakes Region Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Gippsland Lakes Region When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Gippsland Lakes Region Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Gippsland Lakes Region Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Gippsland Lakes Region ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Gippsland Lakes Region and a Place to Meet
The lakes.gippsland.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Gippsland Lakes Region
Gippsland Lakes Region is located in Victoria, Australia and is known for its beautiful scenery and wildlife. Here are some interesting facts about this town:
1. The Gippsland Lakes are a system of lakes and lagoons that cover an area of about 600 square kilometres. They are fed by several rivers, including the Tambo, Nicholson, and Mitchell rivers.
2. The Gippsland Lakes are home to over 90 species of fish, including bream, flathead, and whiting. The lakes are also home to many species of birds, such as pelicans, black swans, and terns.
3. The town of Lakes Entrance is the largest town in the Gippsland Lakes Region. It is located at the entrance to the lakes and is a popular tourist destination.
4. The Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park covers over 70 kilometres of coastline and includes beaches, sand dunes, and wetlands. It is home to many species of birds and other wildlife.
5. The Lakes Entrance Fisherman's Co-operative is one of the largest fish co-operatives in Australia. It was established in 1957 and sells fresh seafood to locals and tourists alike.
6. The silt jetties at the mouth of the Mitchell River are the longest in the world. They stretch for over 8 kilometres and were formed by the river depositing silt and sand at its mouth.
7. The nearby Buchan Caves are a popular tourist attraction. They were formed over 400 million years ago and are home to many unique rock formations.
8. The Gippsland Lakes are also home to many species of dolphins and seals. Visitors can take boat tours to see these animals up close.
9. The town of Bairnsdale, located near the Gippsland Lakes, is known for its historic buildings and museums. It is also home to the East Gippsland Art Gallery, which showcases the work of local artists.
10. The Gippsland Lakes Region is a popular destination for boating, fishing, and other water activities. It is also a great place for hiking, cycling, and exploring the local wildlife and scenery.